Friday, September 11, 2015

Foam Glow 5k

Today we ran the Foam Glow 5k. I didn't get any pictures while we were covered in foam because it was insane. Initially it was cool to see all the pink and green/yellow foam flying in the air over the crowd. The kids thought the foam was awesome. Kaitlyn Joy wanted to roll around in the bubbles. Meanwhile we adults kept rubbing our eyes. Think about it, foam is made from soap. Soap and eyes don't mix. Do you remember the pain from the last time you got shampoo in your eyes? Yeah... not cool. At one point I grabbed Kaitlyn Joy and blindly lead her out of the crowd and away from the foam machines. Although we enjoyed running the race with our friends, it's the first and last time I'll be doing a foam run. I don't mind running sticky, having soapy shoes, nor having my skin turn pink from the soap dye, but when you're in a crowd having foam blown on you it's shockingly suffocating. When you inhale foam and even for a moment feel like your drowning, it's quite frightening. By the time the race began we were pink and all my make-up had been washed off by the foam. We were stormed on after stepping out of the foam which was perfect timing to get all the soap out of our eyes. The rain stopped before the race began. 

Believe it or not, Kaitlyn Joy and the two boys are the same age. Kj is tall for her age and little bit with the red glasses on is short for his age. 


Here are us moms. For the next race I'm requesting a smaller shirt so after I cut it up, it won't be so baggy.


This is after getting out of the pink foam the first time.


Let's face it, evening races across town makes for a long night. We stopped at Taco Bell for our post race Freeze, but goodness we were tired.


Notice the marks on her right cheek. The story she told me was that during recess the kids were pushing each other down the slide. She didn't expect the boy to push her so hard. She almost flipped off the slide, but instead flipped over and hit her face. She burned her face on the slide and busted her cheek on her braces.


I'm pink! I've showered, washed my hair, scrubbed Kj (it's to late for her to function) and washed her hair, yet I'm still pink.


This may last a couple days.

No comments: